One step into darkness




As I stepped into the shadows in both wonder and fear my eyes struggled to adjust. Slowly the deeper I traveled into the forest my eyes began to adapt. I saw glimmering among the darkest shadows, orbs of iridescent light dancing among the trees.



Pausing, fear in my eyes as I watched shadows of unseen entities traveling through the gentle rays of the moonlight, I felt like a newborn baby peering at the world for the first time.



One of the orbs traveled deep inside the chambers of my heart, in places where the pain pressed heart tissue into coal. I felt the pain that had created the coal, I saw the trauma, I faced it, I stepped into it. I felt the orb guide me to it, and through it. Just when the pain became unbearable the sharpness of the hurt cracked the coal, crumbled away the blackness and out came a diamond. A jewel of of self awareness, of wisdom.


It was the first part of a map. A map inside of me, guiding me from the 3D world of society into a place I never knew existed. A quiet peaceful place with orbs of wisdom waiting to awaken parts of me that I didn’t know that I had. I discovered hidden passages inside of myself that guided me to places where I began to learn to shed the pieces of me that were not a part of me originally, parts placed there by religion and society. Parts that taught me to fear what didn’t need to be feared and to hate that which was undeserving of hate. Parts that separated me from those around me, building walls where none were needed.


I learned of the connection that we all have. I saw it with my own heart. With each journey I felt more and more at home within myself. I know I have many journeys to go, many hidden places left and may never reach the end of the hidden places in this lifetime. I also know that each journey takes me deeper inside of who I am to become.



Looking out through the ethers I’m both excited and overwhelmed at the never ending adventures I shall see. So many possibilities, so much wisdom hidden away and so much peace and love to be found. I look forward to meditation, to dreams and to the guidance I receive in my wakened life, ever showing me paths I would have never found on my own.




One step into darkness, the place I dared not go and where I once thought were monsters and evils I find wisdom and solace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meditation